Why I bake- a lot

As an alcoholic in recovery, I had to find another outlet, another addiction if you will. I bake because it not only makes me happy to have created something, but it is always SO FULFILLING to give what I bake to other people, and make them happy. So none of the recipes on here include alcohol, and if I do make a recipe that calls for wine, I will substitute fruit juice.

And I am a big kid. I want to be a French teacher for pre-schoolers, so I feel it is important for me to keep thinking like a child. Also the whole child-like thinking helps me feel fulfilled in my daily life. Please leave comments if these recipes make you happy, I just love hearing that. I strive to keep the child inside me alive.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday Oreo!

It's a birthday celebration of the most awesome little snack cookie EVER. If anyone wants to argue that point, go ahead, hit me with your best shot. Oreos are so awesome because you can eat them several different ways, like dunking, licking the creme first and just munching down on the cookie, or just eating it the regular way. AND because you can bake them into some pretty awesome things. Wrap chocolate chip cookie dough around them and bake them for an Oreo inside a cookie. Put them in cupcakes, smash them up into ice cream for cookies and creme ice cream, Use the crumbles to coat a cheesecake cookie for a wonderment for the mouth, or combine a bunch of stuff and make Cookies 'n' Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies, which is what I did to day to celebrate.

Let me say that again: COOKIES 'N' CREAM OREO FUDGE BROWNIES

Maybe a picture will help you salivate over this a little more:

Yep. I did gooooooood. These brownies are not only fudgy, melt in your mouth awesomeness, but they also have that great cream taste that can come from the one and only O-REEEEEEEEEE-O. yum yum yum yum. Got this recipe from www.kevinandamanda.com. So happy with these! If you want a prettier picture, go to their site. I had a little trouble getting the brownies out of the pan all nice and neat because they were THAT gooey.

You'll need:
1 box Brownie Mix
eggs & oil (as called for by the brownie mix)
1 heaping half cup (6 oz) Cookies & Cream ice cream
1/4 Cup hot fudge topping (chilled or room temp)

You'll do:
Preheat oven & spray an 8×8 baking dish generously with cooking spray. Combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil as directed on the back of the box, but do not add the water. Add ice cream and hot fudge to the brownie batter and stir to combine. Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking dish, layer with Oreos, then top with remaining batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes or as directed on the back of the box.

I actually put some crumbled Oreos on top, ya know, just for good measure. I will say once agian, these rock.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment