Why I bake- a lot

As an alcoholic in recovery, I had to find another outlet, another addiction if you will. I bake because it not only makes me happy to have created something, but it is always SO FULFILLING to give what I bake to other people, and make them happy. So none of the recipes on here include alcohol, and if I do make a recipe that calls for wine, I will substitute fruit juice.

And I am a big kid. I want to be a French teacher for pre-schoolers, so I feel it is important for me to keep thinking like a child. Also the whole child-like thinking helps me feel fulfilled in my daily life. Please leave comments if these recipes make you happy, I just love hearing that. I strive to keep the child inside me alive.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cookie of the week 9!

Cake Batter.......Pudding........COOKIES

Like the best I have made yet. I know I say that about every cookie, but this one seriously trumps them all. When i first heard about putting pudding in a cookies I was like, "What?!" It sounded very weird and I was not sure what to expect. And it turned out to be the softest pillow of cake batter goodness ever. I have a thing for things flavored like cake batter. O, and just cake batter by itself. One of my mom's favorite stories of her growing up is that when she got her first apartment, she made a pound cake, and ate all the batter!!! It never got baked! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree there. So even though these went just about as fast as the red velvet cookies, I actually got a picture of these.
Yep they just look like happy little bursts of sprinkles! YAY!!!!!! So I got this recipe from www.chef-in-training.com. Have fun!

You'll need:
  • 1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
  • 3/4 cup yellow cake mix, dry
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2-1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • sprinkles
You'll do:

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Stir together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
Add in pudding package and cake mix and beat until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated.
Mix in sprinkles sprinkles.
Roll into 1" balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
This makes about 3 dozen cookies. YAY! Good thing too, because it kept me from running out right when they came out of the oven!
Happy Baking ya'll!!


No comments:

Post a Comment