Why I bake- a lot

As an alcoholic in recovery, I had to find another outlet, another addiction if you will. I bake because it not only makes me happy to have created something, but it is always SO FULFILLING to give what I bake to other people, and make them happy. So none of the recipes on here include alcohol, and if I do make a recipe that calls for wine, I will substitute fruit juice.

And I am a big kid. I want to be a French teacher for pre-schoolers, so I feel it is important for me to keep thinking like a child. Also the whole child-like thinking helps me feel fulfilled in my daily life. Please leave comments if these recipes make you happy, I just love hearing that. I strive to keep the child inside me alive.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thin Mint Pie

Well this is a first! I am actually writing the post right after I made the goody! So, a long time ago, I was a girl scout. Actually, not that long a go. I was a brownie girl scout when I was younger, decided I did not like anyone in my troop, quit, changed schools, found out my new group of friends were girl scouts, and joined them as Cadette girl scouts and then senior girl scouts! I wasn't allowed to actually get my gold award, because I turned 19 before the project was done, but I helped! Anyways, I digress. The best thing about the Girl Scouts was that magical time in February and March when we sold cookies. Thin Mints are my absolute favorite. My mother's freezer is usually stocked (or was when I lived at home) with little green boxes of minty chocolatey joy. It was awesome. So when I found a recipe for thin mint pie, I was not going to pass it up! Booth sales usually go through the middle of March, so I am posting this in hope that you, the reader, will go get you some! And also, because this pie is just heavenly. Sinful. Delectable. Sent from a Supreme Being to this world of petty humans. No, but really, it's good.




I got this recipe from www.mybakingaddiction.com. She has prettier pictures on her recipe, but in my humble opinion, it don't matter what it looks like, it matters what it tastes like. MMMMMM. I just ate a piece and I can still taste it. It's yummy.

You'll need:
45 Thin Mint Cookies, divided use
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
8 ounces thawed Cool Whip Topping

You'll do:

1. Place 24 Thin Mints into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the cookies have been crushed into fine crumbs; mix with butter until well blended.
2. Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
3. Coursely chop the remaining (21) cookies; set aside. Beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add chopped cookies and whipped topping; folding gently until well blended. Spoon into prepared crust.
4. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped topping and additional cookie crumbs.

So some notes:
- Pie will store covered in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- If you don't have access to Thin Mints, Mint or Plain Oreos can be substituted or Keebler makes their own version, called Grasshoppers.
- Recipe adapted from Kraft.

GO FIND THOSE BOOTH SALES! Support your local Girl Scouts! And just pray that I don't sneak down to my refrigerator and eat the whole pie tonight. I'm seriously considering it.


No comments:

Post a Comment